Sunday, July 8, 2012

i was accepted!

I was accepted into the Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Justice Discipleship Training School (DTS)! I am so excited. Praise the Lord!

Just in case you don't know too much about the YWAM program, I'll provide a brief explanation of the program in general as well as a description of my particular DTS. YWAM's purpose is to know God and to make him known. If you'd like to know more about YWAM, you can learn all about it here. The DTS that I am a part of will have the general DTS curriculum, PLUS it will focus on the issue of human trafficking. I cannot wait to spend three months at the base in Germany for the lecture phase: training, growing in faith and learning. I also can't wait for the outreach that will follow for three months after the lecture phase. The country for outreach is to be determined, so stay tuned to find out!

The YWAM base in Herrnhut, Germany started their Justice DTS a year ago. If you would like to meet one of the women who began it, check out this video.

As I'm preparing, I would really appreciate your support. The most powerful support that you can offer is prayer. Will you please pray that the Lord will bless this preparation time, as well as the school itself? Thank you so much!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for my first comment!! :) I should totally add the "followers" option. Your help in doing so would be much appreciated... I'm still so new at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan! It sounds like you have some amazing changes in store for your future. I am so happy that God has opened this door for you. It will be an incredible experience! I actually have a friend who just returned from a year long YWAM program in Costa Rica! I look forward to hearing more about you studies and trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Jen! :) I bet the YWAM base in Costa Rica is gorgeous! Where is it located in the country?

      Delete
    2. It's located in San Jose! No matter where you go, you are going to do great things and God's work :) Keep us updated on this blog!

      Delete