Saturday, February 9, 2013

back to germany from outreach

I am back in Herrnhut, Germany from a ten and a half week outreach, and the incredible experience of the past six months is coming to a close. It has been such a beautiful time for me personally, for the group of people that I’ve been in community with and, by God’s power and grace, for those that we reached out to during our outreach in Eastern Europe.

This time has been marked by growing closer to God with an intimate friendship, by healing, by friendship, by love. I could spend a lot of time writing using the word “I,” and telling you about things that I have done, but at the end of it all it wouldn’t be an accurate depiction of this experience. 
Instead, I’ll tell you what God has done.

God really moved in Eastern Europe. God took us all on adventure! Our team experienced God’s faithfulness in providing ministry opportunities, financial provision, favor with affordable living costs and His guidance all the way. He protected us on crazy train rides and all the time. He was so faithful in showing us who to connect with and how to serve in each location. Partnering with long-term missionaries gives such a sense that seeds that we planted with God will continue to be watered. Beyond that, God blessed our team with unity. With so much confidence, I want to tell you that everything that has happened since August has pointed directly to God, His goodness and His love.

Sitting in lectures for the first three months and then going to Eastern Europe to make God known has been such a practical way to learn and be discipled and then apply that learning. I treasure this time as special in a spiritually meaningful way. I have only good things to say about YWAM.

In the next few weeks we will be debriefing, having a report back night (which means sharing with the YWAM base about our outreach experiences), and having a graduation evening. At the end of the month I will fly back to Indianapolis!

Beyond that, I am excited about living the rest of life with God. I want to press into what He has for my life. As you might already know, my heart really breaks for women who are trafficked. Over the past six months, I really feel that God has given me a clearer vision for the horizon to walk toward. I would love to serve women who are rescued from trafficking by helping in the rehabilitation process as a missionary. I plan to pursue training for counseling.  

Thank you so much for joining me in this journey. Your prayers, words of encouragement and financial support have made this a reality. I cannot wait to hug you and catch up over coffee!

2 comments:

  1. It certainly sounds like your life has been changed, but I think that was probably evident in the first week. It has been so much fun to read your blogs and look at your Instagram pics and share in your enthusiasm and love for God. Truly inspirational.

    There is a women's trafficking organization in Holland (I'm blanking on the name) that sets up a little Christmas tree in our lobby each year and receives donations from purchasing ornaments the women have made. What a great ministry for you to be part of. It doesn't really seem like enough is being done. So so proud of you, Medium-Sized Meghan with the Super-Sized-Heart of love for Jesus !!

    Love Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Uncle Steve! Thanks for this :) It's been great to hear from you throughout my time abroad. I'd love to look into the organization in Holland to read about what they do. That is wonderful that you partner with them! Love you and (hopefully) see you soon!

      Delete